Thursday, February 9, 2023

Lynn White

Dandelion clocks


The field was yellow

with dandelion flowers

only a week ago.

A field of sunshine.

I caught it at that moment,

a moment in spring time.

And now the moment has passed,

clocked off,

has become a field of clocks

that can’t tell what time it is.

Only that the yellow sunshine

was fragile,

as fragile as a dandelion clock.

Only that time has passed

leaving only clocks

that will soon be wished 

away in the wind.



First published in Midnight Circus, Spring 2017






Unresolved


I know that 

nothing will be resolved,

there will be no solutions.

So I will make no resolutions,

not this year, not next.

No, 

no more.

I shall free myself

from the unresolved,

throw the past up in the air

and not bother to catch it

on the way down.

I’ll laugh as it fragments,

as it disintegrates,

as it falls about my feet.

I’ll kick it out of the way

as I resolve to move on

and leave the unresolved 

behind me

this spring time.



First published in Vox Poetica, January 2017




 


Spring Dreams


I close my eyes 

and listen

to the first sounds

of spring.

Hear the bees fly past

and feel their warm settling

when sometimes they alight on me

as if they wish to examine

this strange creature,

this lone interloper 

in their world.

I open my eyes 

when I feel them

so that I can admire

their beauty

and strangeness

before they move on,

flying

or crawling,

off to make their honey

they leave me alone again.



First published in Impspired Issue 10 and Anthology 5, April 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

Flowers     On the side of the road, near the place she took her last breath.   They set some tulips in a little pile.   The warms of spring...