Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Caleb Delos-Santos

Begging the Winter Lord for Spring.

 

Please, bring me Spring today.

I’m sick of frozen blows.

Please, slay this Winter Gray.

I’m sick of snow-grown toes.

 

Please, bring me Spring today.

I hate these sticky coats.

Please, sing dismay away.

I hate these chill-killed throats.

 

Please, bring me Spring today.

I miss artistic skies.

Please, breathe on Death’s display.

I miss my Life-lined eyes.

 

Please, bring me Spring today.

I need to see a squirrel.

Please, silence Earth’s decay.

I need rebirth to swirl.


 



Why Can’t I Write a Poem Like “Hey Jude?”

 

Why can’t I write a poem like “Hey Jude?”

Why can’t I recreate that classic tune?

Why can’t I summon Paul McCartney’s mood?

Why can’t my lines electrify and swoon?

 

Why can’t I craft a rap like Eminem?

Why can’t my rhymes make insults ecstasy?

Why can’t I cure this earth with threatening phlegm?

Why can’t my words rework society?

 

Why can’t I make “Amazing Grace?”

Why can’t John Newton’s pain possess my brain?

Why can’t my truth transmute this human race?

Why can’t this wretch bring peace with each refrain?

 

Why can’t this poem sing their harmony?

Why can’t this poem reach their artistry?





A Poet Hears a Song.

 

Song and symphony,

Streaming mastery,

Attract my Beauty,

My Literacy.

 

Metric melody,

Rhythmic harmony,

Charm my Imagery,

My Reality.

 

Musicality,

Deep vitality,

True humanity,

Spring my Artistry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

Flowers     On the side of the road, near the place she took her last breath.   They set some tulips in a little pile.   The warms of spring...