Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Petrouchka Alexieva

After the Winter Comes Spring


After the winter

Always comes spring.

It nurtures the seeds to grow

And creates the songs

Of the rivers, creeks and waterfalls.

 


Spring heals the wounds,


Gives hope


And the soul feels light,


Ready to fly, ready to dance


With the playful wind.


 

Spring awakes


New happy thoughts.


The heart follows the bits


Of the reborn nature.


Spring builds a bridge


Between hearts in love.

 



Snowdrop

(kids poem)

Credits: https://inoproto.wordpress.com/2013/

 

The earth is still sleeping under the snow,

But the icicles began dripping and singing

Their cheerful songs.

 

A little cute messenger of the upcoming spring

Is brave and shows its little cute nose

Above the frost.

 

And then,  a whole gentle face is popping up

Just a little above the winter quilt.

 

The snowdrop is not afraid of the wind.

It loves the worm happy kiss

Of the midday Sun.

 

Snowdrop rings its bell with three little petals,

Smiles and cheers:

“Hello! Hello!

 

The winter will soon disappear!

The spring is coming.

Do you know?... Do you know?”

 

 

 

Spring in the Alps

Credits:  whistler blackcomb - Tourism Whistler/Guy Fattal

The slopes of the mountain

Will keep their snow hats for a little longer.

So, the Alpine villages can host tourist in the resorts.

Waterfalls are still sleeping, creating frozen walls.

 

I am getting up in my whole gear, climbing to the top.

My harden ropes are strong. I have no fear, not at all.

My sharp crampons are stacking into the ice wall,

In my hands, the ax is strong, piercing hole after hole.

 

I am climbing. I am not giving up. I know, it is hard

To work in a rescue team, but we are saving lives.

The aircraft is going to lift the injured ones.

Then, from above, I can see the beauty of the coming spring.

 

What a reward! Almost touching the clouds

I am getting the first kiss of the new-season's breeze!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

Flowers     On the side of the road, near the place she took her last breath.   They set some tulips in a little pile.   The warms of spring...